Field CTO and Co-founder
Special Guest Presenter:
Microsoft Cloud Advocate
Security is an important topic in software development. Unfortunately, security is usually considered too late in software development, and especially in the API lifecycle. Waiting until software and APIs are in production before addressing security concerns can be a severe risk to your organization. Did you know that vulnerabilities found in production cost up to 30x time and money more to fix?
There is a solution: by engaging developers early, educating them on API threats and uncovering real actionable issues in your APIs, you can act swiftly and save a lot of effort downstream.
In this webinar, we will:
- Explain the concepts behind “shifting left” and how it can benefit your organization, both at quality and security levels.
- Explain how auditing your OpenAPI (aka Swagger) definitions gives early visibility to developers of potential security issues in APIs implementation.
- Demonstrate the functionality of the audit and which issues it detects.
- Describe how you can leverage audit at build time to ensure only contracts at the required level of security quality can be deployed.
- Demonstrate our new Azure Pipelines plugin and its discovery mechanism.
- We will be joined in the webinar by Steven Murawski from the Microsoft Azure Cloud Advocacy team.
Hope you enjoyed the webinar! Below you can download the slide deck, visit our blog
for full Q&A and learn more about 42Crunch!
42Crunch Platform: Sign up for a free forever account now and start securing your APIs!
Want to learn more? Here are some resources to help you out.
Looking to make OpenAPI editing easier in VS Code? Or want to check how secure your API is? Check out our free tools.Get the Tools!
Download our REST API Security for Microsoft Azure Pipelines Data Sheet to learn more about the benefits of DevSecOps!Download